Tuesday, August 4, 2026

"Mission IMPOSSIBLE" ????

                                                           My focus on presenting Buddhism to you, my Gentle Readers is 'site specific' {site = Sight}.  A formal Introduction to Zen can be irritating, in every sense of the word .  I once gave THE DEFINITIVE TEXT on  Buddhism to a cherished Ally, and when I returned a month later to check on his progress he was exasperated >>>  "It's like it's written in a foreign language" .   I chimed back,  Some of it IS written in a foreign language , it's fucking Sanskrit .   He shook his head, "I DON'T want to learn a foreign language".   This time I shook MY head, =  You don't have to, you just need to be familiar with some of the terms of Buddhism so that you can get a "working vocabulary" --- the concepts are clear unto themselves .   {I mean they AREN'T but I felt I had to lie in order to assuage his doubt and discomfort.}   I learned a valuable Lesson .   Sanskrit ain't for everybody .

                          The  Buddhism  I need to Introduce is  ZEN  Buddhism and specifically this one Definition :   Looking inside one's self and the attainment Buddhahood {Enlightenment} .   Some of my OLDER American Readers will recognize what follows from Steve Winwood's "Back in the High Life" album/CD =  "Look inside your heart, I'll look inside mine" .   "Looking inside" is code for penetrating to one's Core, that is, one's Inmost Being .   Here it is where the Buddha can be found, that Buddha is the Buddha ALL of have "Inside".   "We are, each and every one of us,  Buddha" .   Christians are slightly no different ;   "The Spirit of God resides in ALL of Us" .   

                         OBVIOUSLY one doesn't need to be a Buddhist in order to "Look Inside" .   As mentioned above, my DUTY is to "Make people turn toward the Buddha's Teaching"  ----  this THIS IS my "Mission" .   

No comments:

Post a Comment