Monday, August 3, 2026

"Primal Scream"

                                                            My Writing yesterday resulted in a Personal Record , some 554 Gentle Readers in over 30+ Countries, Nations, Lands and Territories .   I humbly Thank my Readers for their Interest .

                           It is NOT "Enough" to be the Voice of the People if that Voice is restricted to venting Outrage, Fury, Grievance, Anger and Bitterness .  I mean, "IT" feels Good, but that Goodness isn't lasting, "IT" evaporates leaving behind scant residual Effect .   There must-be More .

                            Years and YEARS Ago, 1970 to be specific, one Arthur Janov wrote a Book titled, PRIMAL SCREAM which was defined as, "symbolic release of suppressed feelings" and further, "[an] unrestrained , spontaneous scream [to be] used as a form of emotional release or catharsis" .   

                             I VALUE this "Scream" but there is another just as Valuable ---> Sorrow-filled Weeping .   I have heard this a few times :  "All I needed [to continue] was a Good Cry" .   {{ 2 days after Sandy Hook, I 'broke down' and sobbed, tears running from eyes, down my cheeks and onto the keyboard .}}  I don't know that I felt >better< but the Release cleared my Vision and re-opened my Mind .

                           Venting, exposing inner-most feelings, IS "Catharsis" =  "Providing Release [Relief] from strong or repressed emotions" .    Thing is, once you experience Catharsis ---  then what ???

No comments:

Post a Comment